This is just a quick list of complete lesbian stories that are available legally and in full on the interwebs, as well as sites that you can find more lesbian writing on for free. It will be added to over time. They range from public domain works, to fiction and fanfiction sites, to actual published work made available by the authors.
For other free stuff, check out previews on author websites and the list of lesbian webcomics, and the main Free Stuff Online page.
Recent works made available by their authors and publishers
From successful published works to random fiction posted on the internet.
- Ruth Gogoll's Advent Calendar of short stories, that become available as the dates count down!
- And Salome Danced, Strings and Dangerous Space - short stories from Kelley Eskridge
- Misc Short stories by Ivan E. Coyote
- Chatoyant College by Clare KR Miller - online serial novel, fantasy and college
- Potter of Bones by Eleanor Arnason
- Bones Like Black Sugar by Catherynne M. Valente (Short story from Sleeping Beauty, Indeed & Other Lesbian Fairytales)
- Eikasia by Illise Montoya - online serial novel, fantasy and romance
- H. Cooper Finn Series - Ongoing fanfiction by Tucker Glenn
- My Gay Sparkly Vampire Romance: A Twilight Parody by Zoe E. Whitten (reviewed here)
- The Women on Fire series by Plaidder
- It Takes Two [PDF] by Nicola Griffith and other free fiction on her site
- Breathmoss by Ian R. MacLeod
- The Queen's Wife by Anonvo
- A Wolf In Girl's Clothing [PDF] by Naomi Clark
- The Cage by Alyx Delamonica
- We Have Met the Alien by Nicola Griffith
- Wearing My Skin by Nicola Griffith
- Song of Bullfrogs, Cry of Geese by Nicola Griffith [review]
- Down the Path of the Sun (first story) by Nicola Griffith
- Mirrors and Burnstone (first sale) by Nicola Griffith
- The Art of Mapmaking by Thalia Fand [review] (romance)
- Without a Front by Fletcher DeLancey
- When Women Were Warriors Book I: The Warrior's Path by Catherine M. Wilson (second and third books aren't free, though!). More formats on her website.
- The Witch Sea by Sarah Diemer (fantasy) [review]
- The Salbine Sisters by Sarah Ettrich (fantasy) [first chapter only, buy the rest of the book on Amazon]
- Misc short stories by Gun Brooke (romance, erotica, scifi)
- When It Changed by Joanna Russ (inspired/led to The Female Man)
- Short stories "Falling From Grace" (shorter version), "A Valentine's Day Oddysey" and "Nevermore" (now found in Sidecar [review]), and the full length novel Jericho [review] by Ann McMan at her Academy of Bards page
- The Cage by Alyx Delamonica
- The Silver Witch by Tara Calaby
Older books now out of copyright, on the Gutenberg Project.
And you can find some Public Domain titles as free Kindle eBooks, too...
- Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
Sites to browse for more online lesbian fiction
Mostly original lesbian fiction and erotica
- Lesbian stories on the Web Fiction Guide
- Lesbian eBooks.com.au
- Online Lesbian Fiction
- Sapphic Voices
- Lesbian sex stories on Literotica.com
- Kristen's Collection
- The Sandbox 101
- Lesbian writing on Wattpad
- Read These Lips
- Steamy Punk
- Checklist: A complete, cumulative Checklist of lesbian, variant and homosexual fiction, in English or available in English translation, with supplements of related material, for the use of collectors, students and librarians. by Marion Zimmer Bradley, published 1960
General Femslash Fanfiction Sites
- Passion & Perfection
- List of Femslash communities and forums
- The Pink Rabbit Consortium
- A collection of F/F fantasy and fairytales on Fictionpress.com
- Quality Lesbian Romance Across the Fandoms - Fanfiction.net
Xena Fanfic & Uber Fanfic Femslash Sites
- The Athenaeum
- The Royal Academy of Bards
- The Bard's Corner
- Merwolf's Fan Fiction - Xena & Gabrielle, and the uber Dar & Kerry series
- The Growing
- First Time Stories @ Fade To Black
- The Swollen Bud Awards
- SinTrade Inn
- The Conqueror Series by LJ Maas (published version: Journey's End (The Conqueror Series) )
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Femslash Fanfic
The Baen Science Fiction and Fantasy publishers website offer a number of free downloadable books, from a wide range of authors (including some very big names, such as David Weber and the ever gay-friendly Mercedes Lackey), in the belief that raising awareness of an author's work brings better rewards than trying to limit piracy.
I can't point to any specifically lesbian titles available, but some of the authors that appear on Baen Books may also appear on the Sci-Fi/fantasy list, even if the titles themselves are different (I know some have definitely written gay-friendly novels). New books are put up occasionally, and upcoming releases are often available as previews.